Back to Top
Materials (MAT) Panel
- Smart composites
- High strength steels
- Advanced magnetic and electro ceramic materials
- Development of wear, abrasion, erosion, low friction corrosion and oxidation resistance coatings
- Stealth materials for ships/submarines
- Acoustic signature management materials
- Anti-fouling coatings
- Microbial fuel cells
- High productivity welding technologies
- Polymer & nano-composites for energy storage devices
- Functional polymers & coatings for marine applications
- Smart materials for naval applications
Hydrodynamics (HYDRO) Panel
- Theoretical and Computational hydrodynamics
- Free surface aspects. To develop state-of-the art computing methods for solution of a variety of linear and non linear free-surface flow problems.
- Ship motions and wave loads.
- Wave and wake dynamics.
- Hydrodynamics in design.
- Propulsion hydrodynamics and hydro-acoustics. To develop analysis and computational methods over two and 3-D lifting surfaces.
- Cavitations and bubble flow.
- Viscous ship hydrodynamics to determine viscous flow over submerged bodies.
- Frontier experimental techniques.
- Special areas like water-entry and hydrodynamic impact.
- Shallow water hydrodynamics, bluff-body hydrodynamics.
Ocean Environment(OE) Panel
- Ocean/Atmosphere Monitoring System
- Development and deployment of moored met-ocean buoys.
- Development of algorithms for retrieval of met-ocean parameters from satellite data.
- Validation of satellite products using data from buoys.
- Now cast/Forecast System
- Development and implementation of improved models of the ocean and the lower atmosphere.
- Studies, with ocean models and couples ocean atmosphere models related to generation of initial conditions, and to boundary condition (including assimilation studies).
- Process Studies
- Field campaigns and theoretical/modeling work related to the physics of air-sea coupling over the Indian Ocean.
- Studies on mixing and dispersion in the coastal ocean.
- Studies on ocean-atmosphere processes in the Coastal region on time scales of hour to day.
Sonar & Signal Behaviour (SSB) Panel
- Underwater Communication & Sensors
- Underwater Acoustic Communication
- Underwater Image processing
- Ocean Acoustics and modelling
- Sonar related materials & signal processing techniques
- Environment Modelling
- Underwater signal detection, tracking & classification of targets
- Near Field Acoustic characterization and Systems
- Seabed array for underwater surveillance
Marine System (MAR) Panel
- Underwater sensors inclusive of their calibration devices, Instrumentation and control system.
- Deep sea moorings, tether cables, cable winches with slip rings (including underwater slip rings) for electronic and optical communications.
- Ship based machinery and systems, thrusters, dynamic positioning systems with their control software.
- Special propulsion systems and futuristic marine engines and power plants.
- Hyperbaric research and development of mechanical and electrical subsystems / components like bearings, seals, electric and hydraulic motors and their valve systems for deep sea applications.
- Diving and underwater habitat.
- Ocean energy, batteries for underwater applications, neutrally buoyant tether.
- Marine risers and their deployment systems.
- Stealth technology.
Scientific Computing (SC) Panel
- Parallel & Distributed Computing
- Data Management and Visualization
- Computational vision and Computational Image Processing
- Design of Embedded system
- Geometric algorithms.
- Randomized and approximation algorithms.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) related to Naval applications
Hydro-Vibro-Acoustic (HVA) Panel
- Ocean Wave guide acoustics
- Fluid- Structure interaction of composite propellers
- Acoustic Scattering and Radiation by Ships and Submarines
- Flow induced noise and its interaction with structures
- Sound Radiation, Self Noise of Sonar domes, torpedoes etc.; Vibration control
- Low frequency vibration of engine foundation /mounts; vibration control
- Shock response of hull structure; shock hardening strategies