To enlarge the scientific community in India in the field of armament technology by harnessing and nurturing the research talent available in various academic & research institutions and to develop expertise and technologies in the field of armaments and also in certain cases having direct application to ongoing projects with DRDO.
To enhance the intellectual level, physical infrastructure and scientific understanding in the field of armaments to meet the future challenges.
- To support basic research applicable to armament discipline
- To set principles and practices governing the relationship of DRDO with the academic world
- To consider and approve, by peer evaluation, research proposals submitted to ARMREB
- To set funding pattern and funding methodology for the research panels of ARMREB
- ARMREB will exclude funding of development of system hardware.