Armament & Combat Engineering Systems (ACE) Cluster focuses on research & development of armaments, explosives, land based combat vehicles & engineering equipment. Labs under this cluster are also involved in the production of systems through Transfer of Technology (ToT). Armament labs have achieved high degree of self-reliance in a number of areas, viz., armaments, ammunitions, missiles, gun propellants, high explosives for warheads, pyrotechnics for various applications, synthesis and characterization of new energetic materials, electro explosive devices, high energy materials and pilot plant facilities. Combat Engineering labs are engaged in the development of systems / platforms like MBT, bridging systems, launchers for missiles & wheeled as well as tracked vehicles. Technologies developed by the labs include transmission & suspension for tracked vehicles, hydro-pneumatic systems for launchers, accurate forecast & control of avalanches, etc. ACE cluster includes seven labs – ARDE, CVRDE, DGRE, HEMRL, PXE, R&DE(E), VRDE.
To establish centers of excellence for technology development for realigning State of the Art Armaments, Combat Vehicles & Engineering Systems.
- Design and Development of State of the Art Technology and Systems in
- Armaments and High Energy Materials
- Armoured Vehicles & Mechanical Equipments
- Mobility & counter-mobility for Combat Eqpts
- Intelligence Systems for Trafficability& safe mobility in all Terrain
- Working in Synergy with Academics, national research institutions, Services and through optimal utilization of collaborative efforts.