- Insects are carrier (vector) of many dreaded diseases such as malaria, dengue, chikungunya, filariasis, kala azar etc.
- Armed forces deployed in forward location of different geo-climatic conditions are exposed to several blood sucking vectors such as mosquitoes, black flies, ticks, mites, fleas, sandflies and leeches.
- Use of repellents is a better method to prevent the painful bites of different blood sucking vectors.
- DEDE Gwalior has developed DEPA 20% aerosol spray formulation for repelling vectors and organisms such as mosquitoes, sand-flies, black flies, land leeches etc.
- DEPA has been licensed by the Drug Controller General of India as insect repellent.
- DEPA molecule is included in Indian Pharmacopeia.
- Indian Patent granted.
- Licensed by state regulatory authorities for production.
- DEPA spray has been accepted and recommended by Director General Armed Medical Services (DGAFMS) for the use in Armed Forces.
- DEPA spray is regularly procured by DGST for use in Armed Forces.
The spray formulation is easy to apply on fabric, curtains etc. and keeps away for up to 6hrs from painful bites of blood sucking insects. It has a pleasant fragrance.
How to Use:
Spray 3-4 puffs in a room and also on curtains, fabrics, bed sheets etc and later enter the room after 5 min. DEPA spray can be applied on uniform before going to field duties/ activities.
TOT has been given to four firms.