- Insects are carrier (vector) of many dreaded diseases such as malaria, dengue, chikungunya, filariasis, kala azar etc.
- Armed forces deployed in forward location of different geoclimatic conditions are exposed to blood sucking vectors such as mosquitoes, black flies, ticks, mites, fleas, sandflies and leeches.
- Use of repellents is a better method to prevent the painful bites of different blood sucking vectors.
- DEDE Gwalior has developed DEPA 20% cream formulation for repelling vectors and organisms such as mosquitoes, sand-flies, black flies, land leeches etc
- DEPA has been licensed by the Drug Controller General of India as insect repellent.
- DEPA molecule is included in Indian Pharmacopeia.
- Licensed by state regulatory authorities for production.
- DEPA cream has been approved by the Director General Armed Force Medical Services (DGAFMS) for use in Defence Services
Safe to use. Cosmetic friendly and spread uniformly. Protects from insect vector bites for upto 6 hrs. It has pleasant fragrance.
How to Use:
Apply DEPA cream on exposed body portion especially before going to field duties/ activities.
TOT has been given to four firms.