1. Research & Development of Advanced Electrochemical Energy Generation and Storage Technologies
2. Design & Development of Air Independent Propulsion Systems
3. Research & Development of Advanced Materials for Underwater Acoustic Stealth, Acoustic Sensing, Marine Corrosion, Weld Consumable and Bio-fouling Protection for Naval Applications
4. To create Necessary Infrastructure & Test Facilities for R&D and LSP, as applicable.
5. To generate all the necessary documentation.
6. To support upgrades throughout product Life Cycle.
7. To utilise technologies developed by other labs.
8. To develop the Spin-Off technologies.
9. To provide support and work with Govt. Agencies, Academia and Industry.
10. To undertake Life Assessment and Extension activities, wherever required