Defence Science Library (DSL) is spread in to five storey and each floor is dedicated to specific documents and encompasses lakhs of print resources in various formats for fulfilling the information requirements of DRDO community.Besides this, DRDO e-library platform provides access to numerous e-resources and is a vital source of information to DRDO scientists through a single interface. DESIDOC has provided library automation software to all DRDO TIRCs and the facility of a union OPAC to all DRDO users.
DESIDOC provides the following IT Services to DRDO Labs.
- IT Support to DRDO labs and DRDO Headquarters
- National Knowledge Network (NKN) Node
- DRDO Website - Designing, Hosting and Maintenance
- DRDO Intranet (Sub MRC) - Maintenance, administration and co-ordination for Metcalfe House-based labs
- Internet Facility
- DESINET-DESIDOC Intranet Portal
- Single Window to DESIDOC Services
- National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP)
- DESIDOC Site on Intranet- Designing, hosting and maintenance
DESIDOC provides multimedia service to DRDO top management, DRDO Hqrs, labs/ establishments and other defence units in the following areas
- Media coverage of events, interviews, messages related to Defence R&D for print and e-media
- Photography and video coverage support to DRDO HQrs and labs
- Live web streaming of DRDO events through Intranet
- Production of short films & documentaries on various subject related to Defence R&D
- Dissemination of images and videos of events through DRDO photo gallery
- Digitisation of audio, video and photographs and maintain photo databank
- Audio-video production of lectures of eminent speakers for enriching e-learning portal
- Provide photos and video of events, products, portraits of eminent persons, etc. for various DRDO publications, exhibitions, web designing, video productions and presentations
Knowledge Management Division (KMD) protects and preserves vital knowledge assets of DRDO and has created strong knowledge base of DRDO by digitizing all types of technical reports generated by DRDO labs. A full fledged digitization facility has been set up to carry out the scanning and digitization work. KMD has online repository of technical reports, institutional repository of published research papers/articles by the DRDO scientists of various labs and DRDO Shodkosh, a repository of electronic thesis and dissertations by DRDO scientists.
A full-fledged high quality Printing Facility is available which includes designing, layout, typesetting, DTP, processing and printing units for in-house production of DRDO publications. High quality multicolor printing is carried out with the help of commercial printing agencies.