Details of the Business Transacted by the Establishment
- Formulation, direction and execution of scientific programmes of research and design, development, testing & evaluation of Optical & Electro-Optical Fire Control Systems, Infra-Red Search & Track Systems and Stand Alone Surveillance systems, in fields of relevance to national security.
- Management of Establishment, facilities, programmes and projects of the lab.
- Render advice on the technological and intellectual property aspects of the import of technology by production units in the Establishment’s areas of activities.
- Render advice to Controller of Patents on references made under Section 35 of the Patents Act, 1970 (39 of 1970) and protect Intellectual Property Rights of the technologies & products developed by IRDE.
- Provide assistance to institutions for the training of manpower in aspects of Science & Technology, which has a bearing on National Security in the Establishment’s areas of activities.
- Conduct specialized training courses in the field of Electro-Optical defence instrumentation technologies and technology management to DRDO Scientists and officers of the three Services.
- Any other activity assigned to and accepted by the lab through understanding or arrangements with any other Ministry, Department, and Agency of the Government of India whose activities have a bearing on the scientific and technological aspect of national security.
- Provide spin-off, for civilian use, of the technologies developed by IRDE.
- Apprising and advising SA to RM on the influence of emerging developments in Science & Technology on National Security in the Establishment’s areas of activities.
- Rendering advice to SA to RM and to the three Services and Para-Military Forces on all scientific aspects of surveillance, support and logistics in all likely threats of armed conflict.
Details of Clients/ Customers
Instruments Research & Development Establishment (IRDE) is working for indigenous development of sensors & platforms like Fire Control Systems, infra-red search & track systems and Stand Alone Surveillance systems required by the three wings of the Armed Forces. To fulfill this mandate, IRDE is closely working with academic institutions, research and development (R&D) centers and production agencies of Science and Technology (S&T) Ministries/Departments in Public & Civil Sector including Defence Public Sector Undertakings & Ordnance Factories.