- Develop Radar Systems for Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and paramilitary organizations.
- Development of Radar Technologies to develop state-of-the-art radars.
Multifunction phased array radar & 3D Surveillance Radar for Missile Weapon System, low level 2D Radars for Fire Control & Air Defence, Short Range Battle Field Surveillance Radar, Weapon Locating Radar, Doppler Range Instrumentation Radar, Long Range Active Array Radars for Air Defence and Avalanche Victim Detector (AVD).
Low level 2D / 3D Medium Range Surveillance Radar for Air Defence& Ground Controlled interception, 3D Radar for ATC applications, Multimode Fire Control Radars for Fighter Aircraft andAirborne Early Warning & Control System.
Maritime Patrol Radar for fixed & rotary wing aircraft platforms, maritime patrol radar with SAR & ISAR, 3D Medium Range Surveillance Radar for Corvettes/frigates.
Short Range Battle Field Surveillance Radar
Low Intensity Conflicts
Ground Penetrating Radar, Through Wall Imaging Radar and Coastal Surveillance Radar for Integrated Coastal Surveillance System.
- Remote imaging of human targets through building walls to help detect/classify/ locate/monitor men& objects within rooms during counter terrorist action.
- Detection of small boats at sea that are likely to be security threat, by providing 24x7 surveillance.
- LRDE has developed / developing Radar systems ranging from
- Bands : VHF to Ka Band
- Range : few cms to 900 km
- Functions : Surveillance tracking and Fire Control, Imaging
- Platforms : Ground, Sea, Air, Space
- Target RCS : 0.001 sqm – 1000 sq m (Ships)
- Design & develop systems
- Operation & Maintenance
- Performance enhancement & Additional features
- Obsolescence Management
- Integration with weapon systems
Clients / Customers
LRDE is developing radars for the three Services and Paramilitary forces. To fulfil the mandate, LRDE is closely working with other DRDO labs, Service HQrs, User Units, Ordnance factories, Public / Private Sector, Science and Technology Centres, Foreign firms and Academic institutions as collaborators and partners.
- Conceptualisation, planning and execution of radar development programmes relevant to present and futuristic strategic and tactical sensor requirements of the three Services for all types of operations.
- Development of technology relevant to sensors, and associated systems, sub-systems and components.
- Build-up expertise in radar system engineering towards providing complete radar solutions in integrated weapon systems.
- Conceptualisation, planning, installation and management of radar development, support infrastructure in the field of antenna measurement, antenna characterisation, environmental and EMI/EMC evaluation.
- Design and development of radar subsystems and avionics systems for modern fighter aircraft.
- Render advice & consultation on suitability of imported systems and technology to the three Services.
- Assistance in evaluation and problem solving in radar systems developed by DRDO, PSUs and Government agencies.
- Adopt LRDE developed technologies for civilian use.
- Train men & officers of the three Services in sensor systems usage and maintenance.
- Provide financial and material assistance to academic, Science & Technology institutions and Corporate bodies for undertaking research.
- Participate in various exhibitions, seminars and conferences to promote and propagate advancements and work done at LRDE for the public and, in particular, to scientific and technical community.
- Conduct specialised training courses in the field relevant to radar sensors, software and electronic fields for scientists and staff of our Establishment and other DRDO Laboratories.
- 2 to 6 months on the job training for engineering graduate and post graduate students with the objective to render professional training for young engineers and inculcate a spirit of self- sufficiency in science and technology for the country.
- Financial and material assistance for research fellows.
- Human Resource Management in the Establishment.