To conceptualize, formulate, draft and obtain approval of competent authority for the policies pertaining to recruitment, career progression and personnel management of entire manpower of DRDO spread in various cadre.
To formulate, obtain approval and issue Recruitment Rules for all cadre and Encadred posts and review /amendments thereof.
In a fast changing environment and multi disciplinary requirement of DRDO dynamic and systematic manpower planning is essential. To ensure that the manpower planning is reflective of organizational requirements and in conformity to laid down guidelines following measures are taken on regular basis
- Integration of manpower plan with technology plan.
- Forecasting of quality and quantity of manpower requirement.
- Authorization of manpower and vehicles among various DRDO laboratories, establishments and work centers.
- Processing of the cases for sanction of additional manpower, creation of posts and vehicles for DRDO.
- Management of schemes of research fellowships in DRDO.
- Process cases for sanction and amendment of Regular Establishment RE of laboratories /establishments.
- To consolidate projected requirements from various users for filling up posts by direct recruitment and release vacancies to RAC/CEPTAM.
Enhancement of Quality of Human Resource
To improve the organizational effectiveness through overall development of its human resource following actions ensue
- To initiate timely action for training /retraining /reorientation of existing manpower.
- To formulate & implement the policies pertaining to continuous growth.
- Design appropriate training modules for new and existing manpower.
- To formulate /collate/coordinate/implement policies with respect to R&T scheme, PhD Scheme, Post Graduate training scheme of Army, Navy & Air force
Handling arbitration and smooth implementation of court judgments
Monitoring of court cases related to HR issues being defended by the lab/establishment.