Directorate of Industry Interface & Technology Management (DIITM) became functional on 07 Dec 2009. This was formed by merger of C-Tech and Directorate of Technology Acquisition. DIITM serves as a Single Window in DRDO for administering Policies and matters related to Industry Interface and Technology Management.
DIITM plays a vital role in filling gap between Defence R&D and production by facilitating Transfer of Technologies (ToT) to industries. DIITM facilitates Limited Series Production (LSP) to cater the need of production of limited quantity of DRDO developed products. It also coordinates the production with industries to produce DRDO developed products as per Users’ requirements. DIITM is nodal directorate for the technology acquisition by DRDO under defence offsets. DIITM provides necessary policy framework and coordination for providing DRDO Test Facilities to the industries. DIITM also provides handholding support to the industries for the export of DRDO developed products.
The major achievements of DIITM are given below:-
- Framed the “DRDO Policy for Transfer of Technology” and promulgated after approval of Hon’ble Raksha Mantri.
- Formulated the ‘DRDO Procedures for Transfer of Technology’ with the approval of Secretary DD R&D and chairman DRDO to implement the new ToT Policy.
- More than 1000 Licensing agreements for ToTs have been signed with the Industries including major weapon systems like Fiber optics Gyro, Varunastra, Medium Power Radar etc.
- Commercialisation of DRDO developed technologies have been done for the benefit of society at large through transfer of dual use (military and civil) spin-off technologies to industries.
- A mass awareness programme is continuing for the awareness of industries on DRDO developed technologies.
- Limited Series Production of various DRDO products has been carried out for Indian Armed Forces.
- DRDO has processed more than 300 NOC requests for exports and 150 requests for Industrial License.
- Necessary handholding for specification and response to EOI/ RFI for export was provided to industries for export.
- Industry compendium containing details of industry partners who have partnered with DRDO at various stages has been compiled by DIITM.
- Prepared compendium of products which have huge export potential.
- Guidelines for availing DRDO Test facilities by industries have been formulated.