Guidelines for Testing of Advanced Face Mask at DRDE, Gwalior for COVID-19
1. DRDE, Gwalior in fight against COVID 19 pandemic, doing the testing of face mask for supporting the indigenous development.
2. The test samples will be acceptable only from Indian manufacturers/Industries and not from traders/distributers/import agents.
3. DRDE will only test N 95 and above mask only manufactured in India.
The details of test available, test standard, testing charges, turnaround time and number of specimen required are furnished below:
|S.No.||Test Parameter||Test Standard||No.of Specimen required (Sample size)||Minimum Turn around time after receipt of sample and payment||Chargesper sample (Non-refundable)|
|i.||Particulates Filtration Efficiency (PFE)||NaCl Aerosol with laser based measurement.||12||Minimum 14 working days||Rs. 7900.00|
|ii.||Breathing(Inhalation) Resistance||IS9473:2002||10||Minimum 14 working days||Rs. 1000.00|
|iii.||Exhalation Valve Leakage||IS 9473-1980/NIOSH: TEB-APR-STP-004/||10||Minimum 14 working days||Rs. 1000.00|
|iv.||Exhalation Resistance||IS 9473:2002||10||Minimum 14 working days||Rs. 1000.00|
|v.||Flammability||IS9473:2002||10||Minimum 14 working days||Rs. 2500.00|
|vi||Splash Resistance||ASTM F 1862/F1862M-17/IS16289 Annexure D||10||Minimum 14 working days||Rs. 4500.00|
4. Industry shall strictly adhere on the number of specimen per sample. Specimen less than prescribed number shall not be attended for testing.
5. Industry marking in any form on the submitted sample of mask is not admissible.
6. Following mask samples will not be accepted for testing at DRDE:
- a. 3 ply face mask
- b. Stitched Mask
- c. FFP1 mask
- d. Loose Fabric
- e. Mask without diaphragm in the exhalation valve
- f. Mask with stapled fastener in test area/breathing zone
7. Official mail address:
- Contact Phone No. 0751-2341960, (Contact timing 10:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs only)
8. The test samples in a sealed cover along with prescribed declaration as per the format along with the proof of payment may be submitted to following address from 0900 hrs to 1730 hrs on all 7 days of week:
Defence Research & Development Establishment (DRDE)
DRDO, Ministry of defence, Govt. of India
Jhansi Road, Gwalior-474002 (M.P.)
9. A scanned copy of the cover letter, payment receipt, and declaration shall also to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. All the communication will be only through email. No telephonic communication and enquiry will be entertained.
11. Test results will be communicated through mail id mentioned in request letter.
12. The payment is required to be made as per prescribed rate in favour of, Director DRDE, payable at Gwalior through DD only.
13. The Manufacturer/Developer/Industry shall ensure the design and quality of manufactured/developed product as per standards/requirement of the government procurement agency.
14. The industry has to submit the details of mask as per the enclosed format.
15. Non adherence to above norms will forfeit the testing charges submitted and testing charges submitted is non refundable under any circumstances.
16. This is only a test report and not approval of mask manufactured by this firm.
17. The firm is not authorised to use DRDO logo or approved by DRDO in the product or in packaging.