Scheme of Internship of Students to DRDO Labs/Estts for Project Training
Scheme of Internship of student to DRDO Labs/Estts is to provide an opportunity and exposure to the would be Graduates/Post Graduates in Engineering/General Sciences to the Research and Development activities carried out by DRDO in state of art technology in the fields relevant to defence sector.
Salient Features of the scheme are as under:-
- Internship Training is provided in the areas relevant to DRDO.
- Provide opportunity to interns to be associated with projects.
- The students to make correspondence with concerned Lab/Estts as per their discipline through their Institute/College
- Provisions of Apprentices Act 1961 do not apply to this scheme.
- Internship Training will be permitted subject to vacancies at Labs and approval by Lab Director.
- Interns will be permitted only to UNCLASSIFIED areas of DRDO Labs/Establishments.
- DRDO will in no way be obliged to offer employment to the students on completion of their training.
- DRDO will not be liable for any compensation in case of personal injury caused by accident arising out of and in the course of the students' attachment to DRDO Labs/Establishments.
- The period of training generally is 4 weeks to 6 Months, depending upon the type of course. However, it will be at the discretion of Lab Director.