BAFFLE RANGE- SMART SOLUTION FOR SMALL ARMS PRACTICE FIRING
Baffle range uses an improvised concept of a system of ground barriers, side walls, baffle walls and stop butt to arrest the misdirected bullets. The land required for a Baffle range can be reduced to 15-20 acres (The area required for a classification range with full danger area is around 500 acres) by providing suitably designed ballistic protection structures (i.e. baffle walls, side walls, ground barriers, stop butt etc) at specified locations and strict enforcement of safety rules/ precautions in the range. Such a great saving of land creates a possibility of having practice firing ranges at cantonments with short availability of land due to increasing population and very high estate cost.
- Baffle range accommodates six firers in lying, kneeling and standing-in-trench firing positions from firing points at 500,400,300,200,100 and 50m(standing position only)
- Safe against firing error of 14º in the horizontal plane and 12º in the vertical plane from the intended line of fire
BUND BLASTING DEVICE (BBD)
- TBRL has designed and developed Bund Blasting Device, based on the principle of hollow charge and a rocket assisted high explosive filled follow through projectile (Bursting Charge)
- For movement of mechanized army against various types of obstacles canal banks and DCBs.
- To launch equipment, bridges to enhance the mobility of mechanized infantry in the war-field
- On activation, main bursting charge moves down with the help of Rocket Motor
- Then activates a specially designed hollow charge initiation device.
- Hollow charge created a pilot hole in the ground. Main bursting charge enters to the base of the pilot hole detonates after a preset delay of 3 seconds and creates the required breach/crater.
- Man portable
- Single action functioning and Capable of firing in an array mode
- Rocket assisted and hence flawless flight of projectile into the hole created by hollow charge.
- Initiation device being Exploso - Mechanical, no power back is required to activate.
MULTI-MODE HAND GRENADE
Grenades of natural fragmentation type have been in use by the infantry world over for a long time. Indian Army still uses the 36M, a grenade which also has severe reliability problems and uneven fragmenting pattern making it unsafe even to the thrower. The multi-mode grenade has been developed to overcome these defects. It uses preformed cylindrical mild steel pre-fragments to achieve uniform distribution.
- Modular in design
- Light in weight
- Multi mode concept
- Modular in design
- Light in weight
- Multi mode concept.
- Uniform fragmentation pattern
- Less safety distances
- Higher splinter density
- Additional safety
- Maintenance free
- Highly reliability
WARHEAD AND EXPLODER OF TORPEDO ADVANCED & LIGHT (TAL)
Exploder: The main function of exploder is to detonate warhead and provide safety during various courses of actions. An electro-mechanical type of exploder, which initiates detonation on impact to the target, has been designed and developed by TBRL for the warhead of TAL. The exploder has all the inbuilt safeties required for storage, transportation, handling and operation. An interruption barrier in the form of 12 mm aluminium plate between detonators and the receptor charge has been provided which prevents detonation of warhead in case of accidental firing of detonators in disarm condition. The exploder can be used with the warhead of torpedo meant o be launched both from helicopter and ship.
NON LETHAL AMMUNITION- PLASTIC BULLETS, FRANGIBLE CERAMIC AND METAL AMMUNITION
To counter the political and social unrests expressed by the people in the form of demonstrations which are traditionally DEALt with lathi charge, tear gas, firing and end up in killing etc, TBRL has designed & developed Riot control ammunitions for Police and law enforcing agencies. These ammunitions are currently being used by various such agencies in the country. These deter unruly situations by inducing fear and using non- lethal techniques.
Plastic Bullets: Salient Features
- A non- metallic & non-poisonous bullet, Non expanding after penetration
- Induces similar sound effect as that of Ball Ammunition upto 150 m Range
- Causes only superficial injuries at 60 m and above range
- Ammunition available in two calibres i.e. .303" & 7.62mm
- Can be used by in-service weapons without any modification
Frangible Ceramic/ Metallic Ammunition
- Non-toxic and Eco- friendly. Available in 9mm calibre
- Can be fired from standard service weapons without any modification
- Disintegrates into powder on hitting hard targets like walls, metallic plate etc
- Best suitable for Training purposes and can be safely used in indoor shooting ranges
- Disintegrates into small fragments of hitting any hard target
- Powder Metallurgy techniques have been used to produce metal-matrix simulates that are having properties very similar to lead.
Explosive Driven High Energy Pulse Power Technology
In the laboratory, a technique of converting chemical energy of high explosives into electrical energy has successfully been established. Explosive driven helical coil type flux compression current generator with a gain of twenty has been developed. A pulse current of peak value 1.4MA has been monitored successfully in an explosive pulse power experiment. “National technology Award 2002” has also been given for establishing this technology in the country. Special switching techniques have also been developed successfully to reduce the rise time of output pulse.
Shaped Charges & Explosive Formed Projectile (EFP)
Important achievements in shaped charge technology
- Anti Tank off route mine system with 215 mm caliber capable of defeating 80 mm thick RHA.
- Penetration of 1206 mm (8.2D) in Mild steel target with hollow charge warhead of 146.8 mm caliber suitable for use in anti Tank guided missile.
- 0.6D penetration in RHA with 85 mm caliber EFP warhead suitable for anti Tank top attack role.
- 0.5D penetration in RHA with 50 mm caliber EFP warhead suitable for hard kill based Active protection system for anti missile role.
- Shaped charge based warheads suitable for existing Naval mines and anti Tank mines
- Multi P-charge based warhead with two layers using simultaneous system for anti ship role.
- Multi P-charge based warhead suitable for wide area mines for defeat of convoys and isolated landing sites
INDIGENOUS PLASTIC BONDED EXPLOSIVES
Developed and established technology for Plastic Bonded Explosives (PBX), the latest class of HE compositions with high VOD and higher detonation pressures.
INDIGENOUS DIGITAL BLAST DATA RECORDER
This recorder was developed based on a new design technique, for direct measurement of important blast wave parameters.
INDIGENOUS TRANSDUCER FOR BLAST-MEASUREMENT
Developed a blast pressure transducer for measuring pressures upto 14 kgm sqcm. It has a sensitivity of 1400 pc/kgm sqcm with a natural frequency of 200 KHz. These transducers are in regular production and being used by a no. of Laboratories. Impulse Generator : It has been developed for the simulation of impulse noise (=190 dB) and testing of artificial earplugs used by Armed Forces Medical Services
It has been developed for the simulation of impulse noise (=190 dB) and testing of artificial earplugs used by Armed Forces Medical Services
A new construction technique of laced reinforced concrete construction in which continuous bent shear lacing alongwith longitudinal reinforcements on both faces of structure element are used for improving the ductility and energy absorbing capacity of the structure has been developed for a capacity of 5 Ton explosives. This design is being used by a no. of DRDO labs, Ordnance factories, DGQA and service depots.